Monday, May 14, 2007

Ohhhh give me tiiiiiiiiiime*

Hey Kate!

There are many times I wish I had that time-thingy Hermione had. But I don't. So I end up getting nothing done but work and sleep, and not much of that. Yesterday, however, I was
able to fit in a little mommy time and that of course means feeding my yarn addiction.

And during work I was able to work on my purse a bit:


And I had a breakthrough on my sock! Ok, I know it doesn't look like much, but I don't think I'll be frogging it again. I had been casting on two kneedles because I cast on so tightly and she said to cast on very loosely in that tutorial. And the stitches just fall right off my shiny, new kneedles. So last night I cast on using just one kneedle and tried really hard to just be loose and now I am actually on row 2!











And of course I had to play with my new yarn. So I started to swatch on #9 kneedles.


And I have to say that my love affair with the Boye Interchangeable kneedle set is now officially over. The #1, 2 and 3 kneedles are all smaller than the join, which is just criminal. How do you sell those three sizes in your kit if they can't be used? And the small length of cord that I'm using above is so stiff that it is hard to get the kneedles together. Grawr!

And the look on Emme's face tells you what she thinks of the case.



















The yarn is so lovely though. I hope one ball is enough to make a hat.

Later,

Robin

P.S. *This movie is a bit of fun to stitch and weep to.

No comments:

Post a Comment