Sunday, July 15, 2007

Let's hear it for the purse!

Hey Kate!

I am finally done with my purse! It doesn't hold very much, but it's big enough for my purposes and can replace this one. I don't know why the pattern called for 45 inches of i-cord because the handle came out quite a bit longer than the one in the pattern picture. But I like the length of the handle and the stretchiness makes it work over the shoulder as needed.

Overall, I love the pattern. I learned many things including button holes and i-cord and some shaping techniques... It's a great project for a beginning knitter who wants to learn some basic intermediate techniques. I had a blast knitting this and I can't wait to use it today.

I also love love love the yarn. It is Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks. I expected it to be similar to the Peruvian Highland Wool from Elann.com, but it was much smoother and less fuzzy. I only have the chunky to compare it to, but I can't imagine the worsted being too different. The Wool of the Andes was lovely to knit with no itchiness and my purse feels smooth and soft and lovely. The colors are vibrant and the price is right. I highly recommend it.

Of course, everything is a hat to Emme, so she tried it on while I knitted the handle.

Well, I have "work" to do and my next FO to choose. Life is good.

Later!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment