Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Some Lace Enthusing

Hey Kate!

So I finally got my lace yesterday. Woot! As you know, it's the Silk City Supramerino in Robin's Egg and it is so very soft. It is such a pleasure to work with, I wish it hadn't sold out in an hour at Elann.com.

Speaking of which, they sent me a very nice email when I complained about the delay. It is obvious that it is the Post Office who delayed it getting to me, because they shipped it when they said they did.

Last night, I started swatching. First, I used the Boye Interchangeable kneedles in US 4. The cord is so stiff -- even the largest size -- that it was a little tough to knit with. Also there is more friction than I would like on the kneedle itself and the join is a bit rough. The 7s are working out fine on my purse, but for precision knitting, I really don't like them. Happily, the swatch came out too loopy, so I moved on.

I only did partial swatches due to time constraints and I didn't block them. Next, I tried the Knitpicks Classic Circulars in US 3. Love them. The cord is way flexible and the points are way pointy and the kneedles are nice and smooth. The lace came out better and I can use my pretty safety pins as stitch markers. Yay!

Knitting lace was much more fun and less stressful than I thought it would be. I can't wait to get started on the real thing.

Later!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment