Monday, July 23, 2007

My little model

Hey Kate!

I hope your trip back was uneventful and safe! I had so much fun spending the day petting yarn with you, I can't express it.

I finally put the straps on my first knit/crochet design. And I did a terrible job of it, so I'm going to have to re-anchor them. Here's a pic from before they all fell off. Emme never pulls on her shirt, but has been pulling on this one all day. Sigh.

Using Bernat Satin (100% Acrylic but super soft), I just did stockinette in the round according to her chest measurement plus a little bit. I crocheted the edges and did crocheted tied straps -- the ones that don't work. The bottom curls up... overall not a good design, but it was fun to do and it is a usable top. I now want to make a jumper for her, but I need a pattern.

I also finished my crochet case. It is a bit lopsided, but I still love it. The pattern is from my 2006 Crochet Pattern a Day calendar and is crocheted with either Lion Brand Cotton or Lily Sugar'n Cream -- I don't remember which and Recycled Sari Silk yarn -- just odds and ends from my stash.

As you can see, Emme is helping me display the case. She's very helpful that way.

Right now she is running around with her new Xbox 360 hat on (thank you!) which I rescued from her daddy.

And now... well, I gotta go.

Later!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment