Friday, October 19, 2007

Wine and Yarn: Two great tastes that go great together


Hey Kate!

Once upon a time, my mother, who knows I love wine, gave me a wine gift basket. In it were "wine glass jewelry". First of all, I drink wine from a goblet whenever possible. Secondly, why does my glassware need jewelry? I've kept them all these years for no good reason except they don't take up much space.

I stumbled upon them recently and realized their REAL use: stitch markers. They work great for either knitting or crocheting because they open like an earring but otherwise are a nice round non-catchy hoop.

I think Crazy Aunt Purl, whose hat I'm making, would be proud. Wine related stitch markers used while making her hat in the yarn she recommended. insert fangirl noise here

About the yarn, it is SWS in Natural Plum. I love working with it and it knits up nicely, but it gets fuzzy really quickly. If my mom (who gets the hat) wears it a lot, she'll need another next year. Muhahahaha.

Ahem.

Later,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment