Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Holiday Stash!

Hey Kate!



Ok, this is old news, but I'm trying to make up for my recent lack of posting. I got my stash for the holiday stitching a couple weeks ago from Knit Picks. Love love love them. I have only one thing bad to say about them and that is that their color pages are not so true to the actual yarn color. Elann does a much better job with that.

So I got lotsa yarn, some jump rings for lace knitting and a set of the new Harmony sock kneedles. They are so great I never want to use anything else. Though I am using my Brittany Birch kneedles to work on the gift for the BiL. No pic of gifts here though. I'm k2togrobin on Ravelry if you want to see the goodies I'm working on there. It's nice having a closed stitching community. Of course, you know this, but in case anyone else is watching, I'm open for Ravelry friends.

At first I was disappointed by the Cadena yarn. I'm still disappointed that the Coal that looked charcoal in the picture is very very black -- though a nice black. But I expected it to be softer. Now that I've been working with it, I love it. It is smooshy. And it gets softer as I knit it, particularly on size 10 kneedles on close fabric. It is very warm and it feels like it will be very durable. But most of all, it is comfortingly smooshy.

When I was taking the stash pics, as you can see, Emme kept getting in the way. Well, I leave you with a picture of what else got in the way. My boobs. Honestly, I don't even know how I took that picture.

Later!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment