Saturday, January 10, 2009

Itinerant Stitches...

Hey Robin!
Another Ravelry-spawned project of mine is done. Kinda. It's called "Sisterhood of the travelling scarf". Sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing. We're in groups of 10 or 12 people, knitting 6" of scarf on each person's started-bit and passing it along to the next knitter. It's a fun idea, and I really can't wait to see mine when it get's back to me! Here's the starter:

It's more of the Malabrigo worsted in Loro Baranquero colorway. It looks kinda nifty in this broken-rib style ribbing pattern. I wanted to go with a scarf that would look the same on both sides, so that will be my "request" to subsequent participants. Should be interesting! I'll be sure to post the finished product when it returns to roost.

Another FO, inspired by your suggestion is my "Frosty Beret".

Yay I didn't blink!
Malabrigo Chunky in Pink Frost, 1 skein

It's a brilliant (and free!) pattern by the ever-so-talented Kirsten at Through the Loops

Such a cheerful pink, without being Sweet-n-Low

It's a top-down beret using any yarn that you like because it's really a seat-of-your pants style design. I gotta say a top-down hat is a great thing, but starting a project on size 10.5 (us) kneedles and 4 stitches (that's right people! 4!) is NOT EASY.

Mine came out a little large, so I think I might frog it and start again. It was seriously fast though, so it's not like I lost a lot of time. Now that I know the pattern better, I might try a textured stitch or something... we'll see.

Now to begin my Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day! Can't wait!
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment