Monday, June 23, 2008

A moment of silence...

...For the guy who never shut up ;) I gotta say I truly will miss George Carlin! It seems too soon. I hope his last thought was about how great his life was and that he lived it as well as he could.

Hey Robin!
I finished my very-first-ever test knit! Of course I flubbed it up, but when I am enjoying knitting something I can't be bothered to notice that it is TWO WHOLE INCHES wider than it's supposed to be can I?


I love this pattern! I loved putting on the beads, I loved carrying the yarn across the stitches, I loved watching it get longer and longer almost faster than I could keep track! I also love the buttons I picked... aren't they cute? I may have to go back and re-stitch them down because they seem a little loose, but I think this might be the first time I have added buttons to a knitted garment. Or it's the first time I have done a single-hole button... something like that. This might take practice!
The pattern is by Nina Dayton and its called The Faberge Neckwarmer (Ravelry link). Pattern will be available soon, with a cowl and a hat option as well, though I am not sure if they are one-pattern-buys-all or if they are separate. That's up to Nina! I hope she lets me test knit things in the future even though I botched up the width-thing. I think it's rather fetching! Don't you agree?'

Yarn: Malabrigo worsted, Velvet Grapes colorway
buttons: a bargain from Jo Ann craft store
beads: 2/0 seed bead type things... I don't know from beads but
they are gorgeous... and they match the malabrigo perfectly.

I gotta go, the Ropa is calling!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment