Saturday, August 25, 2007

Forced Bookmarkage


Hey Kate!

So I'm finally giving in to The Spousal Unit's demands for a bookmark. I'm knitting the Baby Fern lace pattern from the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework and I'm using the Patons Grace cotton yarn.

This is version 2.0. My first try, I started off with some rows of stockinette which throws off the shape because of the built in scalloped edging. I also added a stockinette edge on each side which made it way lopsided. It turns out that the lace pattern has a built-in edge on one side. So when I frogged and restarted, I left off all my stockinette stuff and just added the built-in edge to the other side.

There's some nastiness on the left side which isn't an error as much as it is some overzealous looping which I'm hoping will even out in the blocking.

Thor says just because I'm being forced to make a bookmark, doesn't mean I should force him to be a model. Well, he's going to have to stop providing pictures like the above if he wants to stop modeling. I'm just sayin'.

Later,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment