Monday, April 30, 2007

Good News and Bad News

Hey Kate,

Bad news first. Emme just ran off with my mouse again. Wait, that's not news at all. No the bad news is that I don't have a working project. Boooooo! I gotta fix that ASAP.

The good news is I finished the newborn hat for the Afghans for Afghans Mother's Day drive.


I used the Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky Yarn in Mid Indigo and #10.5 bamboo kneedles. The combination of an all natural yarn in a gorgeous blue on bamboo or wooden kneedles is such a relaxing, lovely feeling. I adjusted the Nona pattern you used for your little hat because of the thicker yarn. I cast on 40 stitches and then followed the instructions from there -- mostly. In order to make sure it fit over the ears, I followed your advice and made the ribbed part longer and then got carried away and made the non-ribbed part longer too. I think it came out good, but not great.

Switching to the continental method midproject wasn't a tidy idea, but it did illustrate the difference in my version of the two knitting styles. My continental stitches are looser, which I like, but they are also more uneven, which I don't like. So I'm going back to the slower, but consistent, English method.

My project for this morning is to start another project. I feel so... incomplete... without one.

Later,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment