Friday, April 27, 2007

Inspirations

Hey Kate,

Beautiful music...
Dangerous rhythm...

It's something daring, The Continental,
A way of dancing that's really 'entre nous'.
It's very subtle, The Continental,
Because it does what you want it to do.

-- Ginger Rogers in The Gay Divorcee

As you may know, I love me some Fred and Ginger. The Gay Divorcee is one of my favorite movies and their first starring roles together. Inspired by you, I decided to let Debbie show me The Continental and I must say I like it. The hardest part for me is getting the yarn holding right, but the actual stitching feels more natural. I can see how it is faster.

You have such a wonderful collection of WIPs, including the tile. Soon, soon I will have multiple WIPs to show off, but for now I just have the hat that is half finished and the tanktop which is in more of a UFO state. As usual, you inspire me to fit more knitting into my life.

I'm also inspired by many different people to write (and knit socks) and I'm very happy to have sent off my submission to be a paid WoW geek/writer/columnist/player/geek tonight. Woot! I'll let you know how that goes.

Later,

Robin

P.S. I think you should post your ooh aaaah moment here. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment