Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sock off!

...the kneedles that is.

Hey Robin!
I finished #1 of the Vinnland set (or the Greenman Socks as I named the project on Ravelry.... how could I NOT?) and luuuuurve it. It's a pain-in-the-butt to cast off but wow the results. I mean, have you ever seen instructions to graft a hem to itself?? As in kitchener-stitch of a single edge. It's a new one for me and I was a little unsure that the designer knew what she was saying here... but I had trust so I followed the well-written instructions and lo-and-behold!


Here's the set up for grafting the ribbing... which by the way is hiden so well as part of the pattern... it's breathtaking... anyway, you move the purl stitches to a back kneedle and the knit stitches are on the front. then you kitchener the ribbing TO ITSELF! I was so weirded out by the whole thing but LOOK:


Isn't that a pleasing result?? It's my second toe-up sock, but since the first was an infant-sock I really don't count that one so much...

My main issue is since I was in "kitchener mode" i ended up binding it off too tight so it was trying to choke my calf. However with a little maneuvering it fit fine. See?



Ooooh Aaaaah...
I can't wait to have a pair!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment