Saturday, December 29, 2007

Kneedles!


Hey Kate!

I got my birthday goodness today: Knit Picks Options Harmony Interchangeable Kneedles set. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet because Emme thinks they are pretty too, so they get played with after she goes to bed. Here are my impressions so far:

Cons
  • The case sucks. The case they used to provide with their nickel plated kneedles is much better, though I notice that they now use the same case for all.
  • There are no 16" cables. Probably because they don't work so great on interchangeable kneedles. I know the smaller cords are rather stiff and yucky on the Boye set.
  • It only goes from size 4 to 11. But the interchangeable kneedles definitely don't work below size 4 and I'm covered on the sizes I need above, so really this is a non issue.
  • They aren't interchangeable with the Boye kneedles. I didn't expect them to be. I just had a teeny hope.
  • I didn't get them sooner. Ok, that's not really a problem with the kneedles. I know this.
Pros
  • They are beautiful -- much more beautiful in person.
  • They feel deliciously smooth which just a teeny bit of a resistance.
  • They are pointy.
  • The cables are nice and flexible.
  • They are mine! MINE! Muhahahaha!
I'll enthuse more when I've actually been able to use them. The Apprentice Beanie is still going, by the way. I'll finish it some day soon. I promise.

Later!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment