Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mine isn't done yet...

Hey Robin!
I may be a little late to the table, but I thought I would add my two-bits to the knitting world's Thanksgiving recipe fodder! I also wanted to say how thankful I am for your friendship and for this joint-blog. It's a great episode in my life!

My Aunt Karin's Cranberry Relish
Ingredients:
1 standard bag of cranberries
1 small to medium orange sliced into thin slices
1 cup of sugar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 to 1 tsp of nutmeg

Put the berries and oranges into a small pot and squish them up (I use a potato masher, but use your imagination) just to break the skins of the berries so the juices will start coming out. Add the sugar, and spices. Then put on LOW heat... low low low... for about 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool, it will thicken up as it cools.

This stuff is even better if allowed to "mellow" for a day... so if you can make it now go for it! The flavors just blend together better. I am making mine right now, but I have to wait a bit because my berries were frozen. Will take a picture and post later if I think of it!

Enjoy!
Later!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment