Monday, December 8, 2008

march of the FO's

Hey Robin,
I see my last post date and hang my head in shame. I wish I was doing better at keeping this up! But I wanted to post a few finished items because it just makes me feel good. Here goes:

These are the result of a test-knit for my good-friend-in-Malabrigo: Nina Machlin-Dayton. She has designed the soon-to-be-famous (I hope) Faberge line of knit wear. We all begged for mittens and she let me test the knit. I love them! They have been worn quite often here as it has gone the way of the chilly... Malabrigo Worsted in Stonechat colorway... just sayin'. NEXT!


Finally got the BYOB done! It's a good knit really. I wish it was a little faster.... but the bag is HUGE! Seriously it will probably hold more stuff than a single person should carry... but it's tres stylish. I can't wait to give it to the recipient. Lion Brand Cotton Ease was the yarn, much nicer to knit with than the kitchen cotton I gotta say...

Little Guy's sweater is finally done! I wish I had posted more while this was in progress because it was an interesting journey. I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's seamless sweater formula from Knitting Workshop. It's really fool-proof. I chose the shirt yoke shoulder type. I like it a lot but when it was completed the first time, the neck hole was far too small for my youngling's head. He's got a large noggin. What can I say?? So I had to rip back and open it up a little... and now it's a little large, but at least he will always be able to put it on lol. He wore it to a party yesterday (actually ASKED to wear it!) and it fared well with the rough-n-tough crowd. The yarn was Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in blue with hem-facings in red from Aidan's sweater. It's a nice combo I think!

I will leave you with this:

It's the back of a certain garment which shall remain nameless until after Xmas. Certain persons have been known to check this page to see what I am up to and I don't want to give anything away! This one is not an FO yet... but it's so pretty I had to share :)

Next up I hope to share a new pattern with you all! Cross your fingers that I can get it written-up well enough ;)

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment