I got my birthday goodness today: Knit Picks Options Harmony Interchangeable Kneedles set. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet because Emme thinks they are pretty too, so they get played with after she goes to bed. Here are my impressions so far:
- The case sucks. The case they used to provide with their nickel plated kneedles is much better, though I notice that they now use the same case for all.
- There are no 16" cables. Probably because they don't work so great on interchangeable kneedles. I know the smaller cords are rather stiff and yucky on the Boye set.
- It only goes from size 4 to 11. But the interchangeable kneedles definitely don't work below size 4 and I'm covered on the sizes I need above, so really this is a non issue.
- They aren't interchangeable with the Boye kneedles. I didn't expect them to be. I just had a teeny hope.
- I didn't get them sooner. Ok, that's not really a problem with the kneedles. I know this.
- They are beautiful -- much more beautiful in person.
- They feel deliciously smooth which just a teeny bit of a resistance.
- They are pointy.
- The cables are nice and flexible.
- They are mine! MINE! Muhahahaha!