Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Creature-knit

Hey Robin,
So after completing the earthworm and hermit crab, one would think I would be done with the genre. BUT NO!

Actually a friend (not a knitter, mind you) had spotted the pattern and almost-begged me to make it (I'm such a softie, begging is really not necessary). I asked if he wanted it for Halloween so that I might have some sort of deadline and after a color consult, I began.

The pattern was a trifle frustrating for me. I don't want to put that all on the designer though, there were a few instructional-items that I had gotten used to having and so made some assumptions that I should not have... at any rate the thing came out wonderful looking and he has gotten many compliments on it. So it's a winner!

Here it is modeled by my fellas:

Aren't they just the cutest?

I ended up adding some pipe-cleaners to the tentacles so that the owner could possibly fiddle-around with them a bit and get some interesting results. I am curious to see if he comes up with something good... he's very creative!

That's all i got for now, still trying to finish-up quite a few things... just in time to start holiday-knitting. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment