Saturday, July 19, 2008

Miss ya already!

Hey Robin!
I know I JUST dropped you off at the train station, but I miss our conversations already! Little Guy was sad that Emme had to go, but he was maybe just a little glad to have his personal space back. And yet it's easy to believe that he enjoyed himself thoroughly. Look at this face:

I love this picture...
We hope you and Emme can come again sometime... oh and the mochi is almost all gone by the way. Tell Emme "Kake says hi!"

On to the FOs!!
I finished my first-ever lace triangle shawl. It's the supremely easy-though-it-doesn't-show Shetland Triangle from Wrap Style. I swear this pattern is easier than it looks. The lace-repeat in the body is just 10 rows, half of which are just a purl row with 2 knits on each end, and 90% of the RS rows are the same stitch repeat in every row. So you have to consult the chart, what, once every four rows? It's just so easy to memorize. I love it. I can't wait to try another Evelyn Clark shawl. Yippee!


This one is going to my Aunt Carole whom I love dearly. She has put up with so much from me (bs mostly) and still loves me even though we aren't blood-relation. That somehow makes it more-special, and the fact that she is married to one of the most special people I know just makes it better. She's wonderful and I can't wait for her to have it.


If this shot gives you a little vertigo, that's because it's upside-down. Just sayin'
Happy Birthday Carole!!

Lastly, there was a request for more 'body pictures' of the Rogue. Thanks to Robin I was able to get some relatively-stable images in a pretty good light. I hope they satisfy some of the needs, though I am a little bummed that I didn't think to get a better side-shot, though I think the mirror pictures from before show that part pretty well already:

I really love this sweater.

Hope your train trip was uneventful!
Later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment